Interim Head of Commercial Operations (Culture) & Sponsorship
To lead the development team in maximising inward investment, income generation, promotion and marketing of council venues and developing the visitor economy across culture and heritage services
To support the strategic development of the culture and heritage service teams
To develop and oversee sponsorship across culture and communities and across the council
To explore commerciality across council departments and provide commercial advice
To lead, develop, organise and control a professional service area ensuring the delivery of the service meets all council, professional and legislative requirements.
Experience and skills:
- Experience of adopting a commercial and innovative approach to problem solving with proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working within a commercial environment.
- Experience of managing budgets, resources and negotiating deals and researching, drafting and delivering business plans to meet targets.
- Substantial experience of effective customer engagement.
- Experience of managing change effectively across a service area.
- Authority and credibility to build relationships to influence and engage successfully with members, senior managers, colleagues and partners, including potential funding and sponsorship partners in complex or politically sensitive situations as well as client engagement.
- Initiative, strategic and political awareness demonstrated in problem solving and decision making.
- Experience of providing high level advice, and developing strategic approaches to complex issues with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Significant experience of writing reports, briefings and other high level communications and brokering commercial deals. Excellent time management skills to manage a complex workload prioritise and set deadlines and cope with conflicting and changing demands.
- Significant experience of attracting culture-related external funding and evidence of working across a range of funding bodies.
- Good ICT skills - both standard Microsoft applications and specialist systems.