Children’s Services ICS Programme Lead
London | £ Excellent
- Reporting to the BiB Children’s Services Director of Operations and Programmes and accountable through the Programme Board, work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across Children’s Services and provide line management of dedicated transformation roles within the programme team as required.
- Inspire, motivate and matrix manage the multi-disciplinary team involved in this challenging, complex and high-risk programme.
- Ensure there is a clear and agreed understanding of the services transformation requirements and establish robust programme plans and governance arrangements for their successful delivery (improved service user outcomes and experience, increased efficiency/productivity and reduced costs where required).
- Ensure that the programme and workstreams produce the required products/deliverables, on time and to the required quality.
- Ensure that the business is ready to receive and own the products/deliverables, that they are implemented successfully and the change managed.
- Manage, monitor and deliver the programmes of work within allocated resources and budget to meet the agreed objectives, timescales, quality standards and performance targets – all with a relentless focus on improving outcomes for children.
- Provide information and expertise to contribute to, and inform, Board decisions on the overall strategy for the transformation programme.
- Resolution of programme matters instigating remedial action to manage risks, applying governance policy and judgement in deciding what matters and needs to be referred to the Board.
- Provide subject matter expert advice and support to setting-up and delivery of the transformation programme and workstreams.
- Build strong business relationships with key internal programme and departmental stakeholders, as well as the external provider clients across the Bi-Borough Councils, in order to effectively identify and manage change.
- Fulfil comprehensive line management responsibilities for direct reports, including annual objectives and development goals setting, monitoring and realisation.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Able to analyse and present complex issues to individuals, small and large groups internally and externally.
- Politically astute at all levels in the organisation and significant understanding of the political environment in which the service, partners and service users operate.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade and influence at a strategic level and maintain the confidence and trust of management teams.
- Able to lead, motivate, inspire and organise multi-disciplinary teams of technical and business professionals.
- Strong financial management and planning skills, including producing effective business cases and proposals to identify and drive through efficiencies.
- Able to assess and evaluate business risk and take effective action in project delivery.
- Able to lead and facilitate service teams and service-user to work together to co-produce services that provide a better outcomes and user experience, more efficiently and at lower cost.
- Possesses excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, which support a professional, confident and credible approach when working with both operational and senior management teams.
- Competent and confident as a line manager, with demonstrable experience of getting the best out of people.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt approach to suit the circumstances.
- Commitment to meeting the client’s quality requirements at all times.
- Degree or equivalent experience in IT or related subject
- Structured project management qualification (eg APM, Agile, Prince2).
If you are interested in this position, please send in your CV for a same day call back.