Interim Consultant | Environment and Communities
London | £ Negotiable
To support the design and implementation of the Council’s Outbreak Control Plan.
- To deputise as Tactical Lead for the OCP in the absence of the manager and feed issues of concern to Gold.
- To advise the Lead Member for the Council on vaccination roll out.
Description of Duties
- To ensure the Council’s OCP is delivered effectively and kept up to date.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the timely collation of vaccination and testing data,
- providing the Lead Member with regular updates and ensuring the evidence informs optimal interventions.
- To liaise with Gold to ensure decisions relating to the pandemic are made in a timely manner and in the right place.
- To work closely in collaboration with the Lead Member and other relevant Members, keeping them up to date with issues at all times.
- To work closely with key stakeholders, including the CCG, PCNs, PHE, the police, Government Departments, businesses and the public.
- To inform all responsible bodies including the Health and Wellbeing Board and
- relevant committees and meetings of the Council.
- To work across Bi-Borough settings as necessary with Council Departments including Adult Social Care and Public Health, and to liaise with all Directors and Executive Directors as necessary across the Council.
- To Chair the daily multi-disciplinary meetings of the Testing and Vaccination
- Taskforce to drive actions to ensure the effective delivery of the OCP in areas such as community testing, test and trace, surge testing, outbreak management control, and vaccination take up.
- To Chair the Bi-Borough SitRep meetings as necessary.
- To attend North West London CCG and other meetings as appropriate as
- Vaccination Lead for the Council.
- To attend other London wide and National Meetings as necessary on issues such as testing and contact tracing.
- To supervise the work of any staff contracted to or seconded to Public Protection for the purposes of pandemic management.
- To act as the conduit for calls for requests for funding from Covid related grant monies and to liaise with the Director of Finance and Bi-Borough Public Health Finance officers.
Relevant Experience in Public Health
- Skilled in chairing key stakeholders, including the CCG, PCNS, police, government departments, businesses and the public.
- Knowledges of the challenges in tackling Covid pandemic.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call on 020 7760 7562.