Interim Corporate Head of Service
London | £ Negotiable
Local Government is working in unprecedented times, responding to a global pandemic whilst delivering ambitious, progressive and forward thinking programmes that deliver positive outcomes for their communities and places.
The Council’s aim is to help their residents maximise their independence by commissioning services across Adults and Health that will lead to better outcomes for the residents they serve, promoting choice and flexibility.
Key to this way of working is the development of collaborative working with their strategic partners and influencing and negotiating to develop consistent and cost effective packages of care that are holistic and sustainable.
The Council is at an exciting time in their transformation programme that will enable people to live their best lives as independently as possible.
The aim is to facilitate market innovation, commerciality and greater partnership working across the health and care system and the Council are in the process of building a new team within Adults and Health Commissioning.
The impact of Covid-19 on their services and the market, including the changes to the working styles of their people and providers has led to some innovative and collaborative approaches to delivery of services with their partners and providers.
The Council wish to take forward good practice in the way that they commission services in the future.
There is a need to develop strong commercial excellence, compliance and contract management capabilities and arrangements within commissioning, ensuring commissioned services deliver value, improve outcomes for residents and are quality assured.
Whilst they recruit to this role permanently they require Interim support to provide excellent leadership in supporting the new team and delivering the following :
- Setting the approach to market management
- Defining the market management strategy, ensuring robust contracting and service level agreements together with compliance
- Monitoring arrangements for all commissioned services
- Maintaining the market management roadmap to ensure alignment to the corporate goals
- Development and management for identifying and commissioning individual packages of care
- Development and management of strategies for contract management of commissioned services, ensuring high value contracts have expert support and management
- Utilising wide range of data to ensure that fee’s and provider sustainability is aligned with market shaping activity and the resources available in the council
- Coordinating and implementing a strategic supplier and category management strategy to ensure the Council is approaching the market with a consistent voice and approach
- Management of the risk and compliance strategy and functional risk management
- Development and delivery of effective quality assurance procedures, practice, and performance management to ensure vulnerable adults are safe
- Development and management of governance framework for all commissioned services
- Work collaboratively with internal senior stakeholder and partners
Planning the right capability and capacity across the Market Management team, overseeing the training needs and learning and development plan for the team
Key Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working within market management with strong commercial skills
- Robust financial planning skills and experience
- Effective working relationships with partners
- Displays commercial confidence and the financial management skills to bring about demonstrable improvements in efficiency, value for money and income generation
- Be politically astute and able to build high levels of credibility and impact quickly, working within networks to delivering through and with others
- Role model agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
- Significant experience and a proven track record of achievement in leading and managing market management-focused services and activities
- Able to work successfully with elected members, partners and key stakeholders including residents, businesses, communities, partner organisations and other public services
- Have a degree or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity.
- Ability to work at pace on an ambitious programme of delivery, prioritising work across a number of portfolio projects.
Please email or call us for a detailed job desciption 020 7760 7572.