Interim Consultant | Children’s Social Care Capital Project
Home Counties | £470 pd
The Council) is looking at ways in which they can improve and develop services to meet the needs of Children and Young People via their Capital Programme; ensuring that existing or new assets deliver value for money and meet requirements.
The Council is looking for a consultant to undertake this short-term piece of work. This entails looking at the current Asset and Capital Programme for Children’s Services and involves completing feasibility reports of proposed investment opportunities.
The focus is particularly around assets and how the current portfolio of bids matches current and future assessed need for children and young people.
Length of Contract
Funding for the project provides approx. 25 – 30 days of consultant time.
There is flexibility regarding timescales for project delivery so full or part time hours can be considered.
- Experience of developing feasibility reports
- Track record of managing projects within required timescales and resources and achieving desired outcomes
- Experience of joint collaborative working with a range of stakeholders, including co-ordinating inputs from a range of sources
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information from a wide range of sources and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to write reports, business cases and strategies and present these in a range of formal settings when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and ability to provide sound, professional advice with clear, cohesive, well-presented arguments to support proposed viewpoints and recommendations
- Strong relevant experience of children’s social care commissioning
- Knowledge of relevant legislative frameworks, statutory duties, responsibilities and best practice in children’s social care and housing
The post will report to the Commissioning Manager for Children’s Services. The post will not have any staff management responsibilities.