Interim Holiday Experience Programme Manager
London | £350 per day
An Interim Holiday Experience Programme Manager is required for this London Local Authority.
Overall purpose of Job
- To lead on the detailed design, strategy and development of projects and programmes for the Brighter Futures Directorate. This includes working cross council with service users and partner agencies.
- To lead the development and delivery of key Bright Futures projects and programmes including primarily the Year of the Young Person and School Holiday programmes and all supporting work streams. To lead on all aspects of ongoing programme management, including recruitment, delivery, performance and impact monitoring, governance, and budget management.
- To ensure that programme outcomes are achieved through quantitative and qualitative evaluation and to share learning from programme implementation and its impact with local, regional and national bodies.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Report programme progress, risks and issues directly to SRO and also: Youth Safety Board; Health and Well Being Board, DfE and CMT.
- Have financial responsibility for managing the £1.9m Holiday Activities & Food (HAF) budget and other project and programme budgets. Furthermore, identify and secure internal and external funding to project and programme delivery and improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Work closely with and be supported by the dedicated Holiday Activities & Food Co-ordinator, Education Lead, Public Health Lead, Children Social Care and Youth Empowerment Service.
- Have health and safety responsibilities in respect of their own behaviour and conduct and how that affects others and service users.
- Have risk management responsibilities in respect of the programme that they will be delivering.
- Work some evenings in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the council with residents, and elected members, and external bodies.
- Lead on project and programme delivery for the Brighter Futures Directorate supporting DMT to deliver corporate and service objectives.
- Design the detail of, develop and implement key Brighter Futures projects and programmes including responsibility of programme delivery for Year of the Young Person and Holiday Activity Programmes, including delivering funding HAF funding conditions and any other grants or external funded projects and programmes.
- Ensure projects and programmes and both effective and efficient in delivering against the agreed scope supporting innovation, high quality delivery and achieve improved outcomes.
- Ensure the programme meets any funding conditions and that all programme management arrangements are in place including effective governance, resource allocation and ongoing sustainability planning.
- Ensure that appropriate research, analysis and evaluation of the programme is undertaken to measure progress made at key intervals that agreed impact measures are met, and that there is high quality evidence to support delivery and sustainability of the programme.
Develop an influencing and engagement strategy, sharing successes and challenges internally and externally and using online media to initiate and sustain interest in programmes.
Key skills and experience
- A clear understanding of the issues facing young people who are eligible for free school meals and/or otherwise vulnerable.
- Specialist knowledge and awareness of the holiday activity delivery landscape in London Boroughs.
- Knowledge of relevant current legislation, the key national and local policy issues, and of the challenges being set by the changing agenda relating to local government.
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development such as APM, LEAN, Prince 2, MSP and degree educated or equivalent level experience.
- Highly developed project and programme management skills and ability to drive forward complex projects to time, quality and budget whist effectively managing risks and issues.
- Strong ability to influence and engage various stakeholders – including government departments and elected members.
- Able to quickly build strong relationships with teams and people at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills, including report writing and project or programme management skills.
- Strong ability to use initiative and highly analytical thinking in varying situations.=
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong budget management skills and commercial acumen.
- Highly IT literate.
- Politically astute.
- Highly motivational leader, who leads from the front.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading complex projects and programmes within a political and time-pressured environment.
- Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups to achieve shared objectives.
- Experience of developing robust and meaningful outcomes and evaluation frameworks to demonstrate impact.
- Experience of identifying and securing external funding from government and/or private sector sources.
- Experience of co-producing services with service users.
- Experience of commissioning and effectively contract managing services.
- Experience of developing and delivering effective strategies that made a difference to the lives of young people.
For more information please call us on 020 7760 7562.