The Interim Programme Manager for Children’s Services will be responsible for setting the end-to-end direction and delivery of improvement, transformation, and service development projects within Children’s Services.
The role is focused on supporting the directorate to achieve improved outcomes for children and young people as well as achieving an improved judgement from statutory regulators.
The work of the team is varied, fast-moving and intellectually stimulating. It requires a strong partnership ethos and ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships and negotiations, often to tight deadlines. You will have plenty of opportunity to lead on work that has the potential to make a real difference to the experience of children and young people in the borough, helping to improve their wellbeing, safety and life chances.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering the improvement activities across the Education and Learning division with particular focus on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services. Priorities for the post holder will include:
- Development of a multi-agency next steps improvement plan in response to the recommendations of Ofsted set out in the SEND inspection report.
- Development and writing of the new SEND strategy for 2020-2023 support by subject matter experts within the partnership.
- Supporting the wider inclusion agenda through project management activities to progress Education’s input into the Lambeth Made Safer Programme and the Strategic Employment and Skills Programme.
- Supporting existing members of the Education and Learning team to develop project management expertise.
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of project management and improvement methodologies including Prince 2, agile, lean and service design.
- A relevant degree, professional qualification, membership of relevant professional organisation or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework within which children’s services operates.
- Significant experience delivering projects with a complex organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of using these to influence stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering service improvements and process changes.
- Experience completing a wide range of reports/briefings/presentations for senior leaders and politicians.
- Significant experience of partnership working.
- Experience of monitoring project performance (e.g measuring and monitoring benefits, dis-benefits, risk and issues).
If you are interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload your CV here and we will call you back to discuss.