The council is moving into the next stage of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the easing of lockdown restrictions, working closely with health and policing partners to tackle COVID-19 through Test and Trace. This includes planning their approach to preventing, identifying and containing a local outbreak of COVID-19 if it occurs.
In order to manage any cases of COVID-19 in the area, the council has developed a local outbreak control plan. This plan outlines how the council aims to prevent the spread of the virus whilst also planning for the possibility of a second wave to protect their community’s health, lives and freedoms should one occur.
The post holder will support the Director of Public Health and Public Health team, council directorates and partners to deliver this plan. The role will have responsibility for overall delivery and progress of the plan reporting directly to the Director of Public Health (DPH) and Public Health Senior Management Team.
The role will also support with other aspects of the Covid-19 response as required by the public health team, which may include leading or supporting other Covid-19 workstreams.
- Leading and overseeing day-to-day operational activity to deliver outbreak control plan to drive performance against key performance measures and budget
- Be the operational lead, acting on behalf of the Director of Public Health, liaising with other relevant areas of the Council and partners (e.g. workforce strategy, comms and engagement and enforcement) to encourage and influence others to deliver quality outcomes
- To build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the Council (Directors, Members and other senior stakeholders) and partners
- To quickly and accurately communicate (verbally and in writing) rapidly emerging issues to senior leaders and adapt delivery plans accordingly
- Matrix management of multiple project teams
- Plan and deploy a wide range of resources, particularly, if required, in response to a local outbreak which may require immediate operational response
- Strong leadership skills and extensive experience of working at pace in complex environments and delivering through others
- A proven ability to lead teams and set direction at pace
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and influencing others
- Do not have to be a public health professional but must have experience of emergency planning or managing operational services and mitigating risks. Previous public health knowledge or experience is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to deliver and manage competing priorities, with experience of working within project management principles
- An experienced communicator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels, building trust with stakeholders to achieve goals.
If you are interested in this role, please email us at: email@example.com, or upload your CV here, and we will call you back to discuss.