The Council’s Capital Programme for the period 2021/22 to 2024/25 is £615m (including the Housing Revenue Account). These capital projects can vary in size, scope and scale and support the aim of delivering the Council’s priorities.
This role is for an interim to manage the delivery of the Major Projects Programme within the Capital Programme looking at major refurbishment and renovations of schools and other buildings.
The role will report to the Head of Performance & Projects but will work closely with a number of key stakeholders, including: the Heads of both Project Delivery and Property within the Social Investment and Property department; designated leads from the Finance and Strategy teams; and the various Project Managers and Project Sponsors assigned to the individual projects.
Key skills & experience:
• Excellent knowledge of programme and project management approaches
• A relevant project/programme management qualification
• Evidence of on-going professional development relating to services within the remit of the role
• A broad knowledge of capital projects and public service delivery
• Extensive experience in programme and performance management environments, demonstrating a strong track record of successful project/programme delivery
• Experience of implementing new programme, governance and performance management policies, approaches, and frameworks
• Good knowledge of, and experience in, implementing financial and performance monitoring procedures
• Strong track record of innovation and problem-solving skills
For more information please forward your CV here, or call us on 020 7760 7562 to arrange to speak to a consultant for an initial chat.
Bamberry Consulting is a specialist recruitment company for public sector operating since 2012. We are an equal opportunity recruiter and employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information please forward your CV here, or call us on 020 7760 7562.