Imitally 3 momths
37 hours per week
£450 per day
Interim Head of Fostering & Placements required to support the council through their improvement journey.
This role includes oversight of all the Fostering Service including being the Agency Decision Maker.
• Adoption tracking, oversight and the relationship with Adoption Central England.
• ACE executive Board member for our Regional adoption agency, and oversight of children with a plan of adoption/ early permanence.
• Transformation that is needed for permanence alongside Corporate Parenting HOS.
• Special Guardianship Orders.
• Recruitment, retention and quality assurance for Foster Carer.
• Building relationships with our carers and ensuring the training to fit for purpose and meets the National Minimum Standards.
• Lead on commissioning contracts such as HIPSS and residential tenders, and then ongoing contract monitoring.
• Senior manager for the Home finding team, liaising with providers regarding any concerns, contract monitoring to ensure good outcomes for our children and effective use of budgets.
• You will also track and monitor any unregistered, unregulated provision.
• Oversight of any LADO concerns for internal and external providers.
• Overview of Fostering panel and development of Panel Chairs
• Responsible Individual for the Fostering Service
Qualified Social Worker (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent) with significant experience of managing a large team in a demanding environment. Throughout your career you will have applied Signs of Safety as a practice approach and helped develop practice standards.
The Council is on a journey and they would like someone to lead in their next chapter. This is an exciting opportunity to have a genuine impact on the local authority and help improve and protect the children and young people within it.
The Council’s priority is to keep children safe and give them a great start in life. It’s the priority for the council, their partners and for all who work with Children & Young People.
How do we do they do this?? By having dynamic, dedicated, passionate and professional staff who work in a culture that focuses on what they can achieve with children, what they can achieve themselves, and the relationship they build with families and partners to enable this. The Council have invested heavily in training and developing staff in their single practice approach which is Signs of Safety and it’s is an exciting time to join– the Council believe in investing in people so you can be the best you can be.
Their teams are passionate about the work they do and the positive difference they make to people’s lives. This is all underpinned by the focus and support from their managers and the council as a whole.
The Council is realistic about the scale of the challenges ahead and understand what has held them back in the past. Inequalities in some of their neighbourhoods are stark and struggling communities need extra support. The Council will deliver better support to their most vulnerable children and their families, develop stronger relationships with partners across the region, and beyond, to help them tackle the challenges the Council faces.
For a full job description, please forward your CV here or call us on 020 7760 7562.
Bamberry Consulting is a specialist recruitment company for public sector operating since 2012. We are an equal opportunity recruiter and employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.