The Council are looking to recruit an interim Deputy City Solicitor to work with the Director in leading and delivering the legal and governance improvements required by the Council’s Strategic Improvement Plan.
The successful candidate will deputise for the City Solicitor in all matters including members and the senior management team and will manage key services within the City Solicitors Department.
The post is immediately available and for an initial period of 9 months or the appointment of the new permanent post holder (if shorter)with hybrid working in the office and remotely.
To be the deputy to the City Solicitor and Monitoring Officer in all matters including:
- Providing advice to the Chief Executive and senior managers
- Providing advice to the Mayor, Cabinet, full Council and members
- Responsibility for the management of the City Solicitor’s Department
To be appointed as deputy monitoring officer.
To manage and be the following services:
- Democratic & Information Services (including SRO for information governance)
- Coroner’s Service c. Registration Service.
Key skills and experience:
- Senior legal experience in a local authority, the public sector or advising local authorities.
- Knowledge of public law as it affects local authorities.
- Significant experience of managing services within budget and delivering savings.
- Significant experience of advising and working with senior leaders internally and externally.
- Ability to provide solution focused legal advice in a political environment.
- Delivering effective and innovative governance and compliance in a public sector environment.
- Ability to drive improvement and innovation in service delivery and value for money.
- Strong management skills across a range of services.
- Strong and resilient interpersonal skills to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively focusing on corporate solutions
For a full job description please forward your CV or call us on 020 7760 7562.