Interim Divisional Manager | North | £750 per day
To act as the strategic lead, ensuring the efficient delivery of the Highways and Transportation £500m Capital Programme, providing service excellence, cost effectiveness, and managing and developing the Major Highways Infrastructure division as a whole.
Providing leadership to the Major Projects Division ensuring that the Council meets its aims core values and business objectives as set out in the Inclusive Growth Plan.
- To develop and deliver the City Council’s £500m Highways Capital Programme ensuring the strategic aims of the City Council, as set out in the Inclusive Growth Plan, are met.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders ensuring delivery of the programmed is managed to maintain the operation of the city’s transport network.
- To act as the strategic lead on all communications issues in relation to the Highways Capital Programme.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the needs, concerns and expectations of local business and residential communities and ensure they are considered as part of the highway management and maintenance process.
- Effectively manage the Major Highways Infrastructure Division including setting objectives and managing performance.
- Ensure the effective management, strategic direction, development and promotion of the Major Highways Infrastructure Division in accordance with all relevant professional standards and legislative requirements.
- Manage, control and report on overall performance of the Major Highways Infrastructure Division to senior officers and Elected Members.
- Research, interpret and review the implementation of new and existing legislation, codes, Government initiatives on a wide range of service delivery issues to ensure compliance with statutory and other obligations.
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
Key skills and experience:
- A relevant Civil Engineering qualification.
- Evidence of continuous professional development related to one or more aspects of physical regeneration and development, which reflects commitment to effective management in a large organisation.
- Significant experience at a senior level in a complex and demanding Highways Project Delivery environment.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of high quality highway related projects and services.
- Experience of working in a diverse and developing environment where you have been instrumental in managing change successfully
- Experience of presenting related issues to senior managers and associated member bodies.
- Development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures in line with current government legislation, local priorities and national best practice.
- Experience of leading and motivating staff in a demanding environment.
- Evidence of success in delivering services within tight budget constraints and with limited resources.
- Proven technical and professional skills in relation to highways management and maintenance.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation and with external agencies or partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of and the ability to apply all professional standards, legislation, guidance and codes relevant to physical regeneration and development.
- Excellent communication skill, including the ability to articulate information; to present clear accurate and concise reports to a wide range of audiences reflecting political sensitivities where appropriate.
- Good judgement and the ability to anticipate and plan for the future.
- The highest personal integrity and loyalty, supportive to colleagues, with a drive to deliver corporately on the City Council’s vision and values.
|Job Category||Projects & Programme Management|