Interim Senior, Managing Commissioner, 0-25 Integrated SEND Service, Children and Young People’s services | London | £500
- To lead the commissioning/de-commissioning of services and resource allocation to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities and for children with health needs, including mental health, together with joint commissioning activity with key partners.
- To drive change to secure improved outcomes for children and young people.
- Use an evidenced based approach to identify the outcomes we wish to achieve for residents.
- To develop and support strong partnerships with stakeholders including parent carers and health partners.
- To lead on the ongoing development of the Joint SEND Commissioning Strategy for services to support SEND pupils in out of borough and in independent provision.
- To lead on the ongoing development of the joint strategy for emotional wellbeing and mental health and collaborate with health partners on the future model of CAMHS and other joint priorities identified with the CCG
- To lead on securing best value from all SEND provision in independent and out of borough provision and with other areas of children’s commissioning, as identified in the future with the Assistant Director for Children’s Commissioning.
Key skills and experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the equalities and diversity agenda and statutory frameworks as it relates to service planning, commissioning and delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation and strategy/policy frameworks for children and young people with SEND.
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent in a relevant area, or equivalent by experience.
- Qualification in commissioning or equivalent (desirable).
- Experience of working in children’s social care/education services/adult social care/SEND.
- Experience of preparing and presenting complex reports and making recommendations for change to senior managers.
- Substantial experience of effective project management and delivery with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience of procurement activities, such as tendering and contract management.
- A demonstrable track record of budget management and delivering financial and other efficiency savings.
- Experience of stakeholder communication, management and negotiation, to a range of audiences including senior management, service professionals and service users to achieve service objective.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering results on time, to a high quality and to budget.
- Experience of interpreting and utilising a range of different information and data sources, including financial, statistical, and qualitative data and presenting conclusions and implications.
- Ability to set outcomes and outputs for service delivery that are measurable.
- Excellent I.T. Skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills with experience of effective communication to a range of audiences including senior management, professionals and service users.
- Highly effective organisational and prioritisation skills, managing a demanding and complex work-programme with rapidly changing and competing priorities.
|Job Category||Commissioning, Education & Children|