Interim Senior Project Manager (Landlord Services) | Home Counties | £ Negotiable
Interim Senior Project Manager required for this senior post within the Landlord Services Department of the Council. The postholder will head up the Programmed Works Team, which is responsible for the delivery of major cyclical and planned programmes of work to the Council’s housing stock and related assets and be:
- Responsible for delivering all cyclical, programmed and improvement programmes to the housing stock, together with individual projects, on time and within set budgets.
- Lead, manage and motivate the Programmed Works team to deliver an effective, innovative and quality service to all stakeholders and customers.
- A member of the Property Services Management Team with the responsibility of delivering the Council’s strategic housing asset management function.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To have overall responsibility for delivering the major cyclical and planned works programme to the Council’s housing stock and related assets on time and within budget and:
- To develop departmental strategy and business policy where relevant
- To ensure high standards of governance are maintained
- To develop a resource plan for delivering the major programmes and projects
- To manage the team effectively to ensure delivery to programme.
- To chair monthly project progress review, formal consultation meetings such as Core Group and regular team meetings
- To coach Project Manager – Team Leaders, including holding regular one to ones
- To liaise with the Asset Strategy team to understand the next year and 5 year work load requirements and to ensure there is a clear programme of works for annual delivery and a budget for the programme and each element within the programme
- Liaising with other Managers in Landlord Services to ensure business objectives are met
- To liaise with the Council’s Procurement and Legal teams to ensure timely award of contracts and contract letting,
- To maintain an up to date Process and Project Manual for guidance on governance and operational delivery.
- To deputise for the Property Services Business Manager as required
Key skills and experience
- Relevant professional qualification in related discipline, e.g. architecture, construction, engineering, building surveying
- Significant experience in a senior role of building and leading a programme delivery team
- Experience of working in a technical management/supervisory role, including leading a team to deliver high standards of service
- Have experience of delivering major cyclical maintenance and capital works in the region of £20 million pa.
- Experience of JCT contracts
- Experience of TPC and PPC contracts
- Experience of MS Project
- Making presentations at Council or Board Level
- Able to communicate to a high standard effectively with all stakeholders in an effective manner
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to work to tight timescales and budgets in difficult circumstances
- Ability to plan projects effectively
- Good people manager who is technically competent and able to inspire
- Positive “Can do” approach to problem solving