Senior Project Manager, Regeneration, Property & Planning required to lead the delivery of a range of projects within the council’s housing and education capital programmes, supporting the development and delivery of the regeneration programme including delivering housing. Responsible for the management of all assigned project budgets likely to be a value of up to est. £20m at any one time.
The role requires you to:
• Support the development, implementation and review of a common methodology to the management of capital projects building upon the principles of intelligent client functions.
• Support the development and roll out a continuous training and development programme to ensure that all staff, including new starters, deliver projects in a consistent manner and to an agreed corporate standard.
• Support the effective monitoring and reporting of spend, progress and risks across the capital programme, escalating issues as required; and
• Support efforts to develop opportunities for the Council to sell capital project services to partners and third parties (i.e. schools, Vision, health partners etc).
• Be responsibility for the management of all project staff, contractors and consultants appointed to support the delivery of relevant capital projects – setting targets, monitoring performance and taking corrective action as required;
• Support the development of the capital programmes in respect of Housing (including through the Council’s wholly owned Development Company), Education and Regeneration.
• Where required, support the development of capital project proposals in respect of regeneration, transformation, property maintenance etc, providing expert advice to colleagues to ensure that schemes can be effectively and efficiently delivered.
• Provide capital project input into broader council initiatives/workstreams including transformation activity, public health programmes, regeneration/economic development activity, housing development.
Key skills and experience required:
Degree and Project Management Qualification, i.e. PRINCE2
Extensive, practical experience in the management of a diverse range of capital projects from inception through to completion.
Detailed knowledge of financial, legal (i.e. contractual) and planning processes/regulations in relation to capital project management in England.
Ability to maintain financial information, ensuring financial compliance, monitoring and evaluation.
Strong understanding of the political, commercial and economic context within which the asset management activity is undertaken.
Experience in the supervision and management of diverse project teams
Track record of securing broader social benefit through procurement activity (i.e. local education, training and employment programmes)
Experience of working within local government.
For a full job description, please email: email@example.com, or upload your CV here for a call back.